1. I can +, -, x, and / positive and NEGATIVE rational numbers using integers, fractions and decimals.
2. I can use proportional reasoning to solve problems involving ratios.
3. I can represent proportional relationships with tables, symbols, equations and graphs.
4. I can determine unit rate or slope.
5. I can use properties of algebra to simplify algebraic equations. (Associative, commutative, and distributive)
6. I can understand the order of operations - PEMDAS.
7. I can understand absolute value (distance from zero on a number line) and its symbol l - 7 l = 7.
8. I can understand a proportional relationship expressed as y/x = k or y = kx.
9. I can understand a line has proportional relationship if it passes through the origin with slope as the unit rate.
10. I can solve equations involving variables with positive and NEGATIVE rational numbers.
11. I can calculate the circumference and area of circles using diameter and radius. Includes area of a sector.
12. I can calculate the volume and surface area of cylinders using the given formulas.
13. I can compare geometric figures for similarity and determine scale factors.
14. I can graph translations and reflections on a coordinate grid and locate new coordinates of a transformation.
15. I can determine mean, median and range from a data display.
16. I can calculate probabilities as fractions, decimals and percents.
17. I can understand the difference between rational (22/7) and irrational (3.14....) numbers.
18. I can locate positive and NEGATIVE rational numbers on a number line and plot pairs on a coordinate grid.
19. I can compare positive and NEGATIVE numbers using <, >, =, <, >
20. I can interpret data in pie charts and histograms.
21. I can use knowledge of real world proportions to determine whether a solution is reasonable.
22. I can solve multi-step problems using proportional relationships.