CHECK AND CONNECT
Check & Connect is a comprehensive intervention designed to enhance student engagement at school and with learning for marginalized, disengaged students in grades K-12, through relationship building, problem solving and capacity building, and persistence. A goal of Check & Connect is to foster school completion with academic and social competence.
Check & Connect is implemented by a trained mentor whose primary goal is to keep education a salient issue for disengaged students and their teachers and family members. The mentor works with a caseload of students and families over time and follows their caseload from program to program and school to school.
The Check & Connect trained mentor continuously:
1) Checks on students, assessing their engagement with school and learning through close monitoring of their attendance, behavior, and grades;
2) Connects with students, offering individualized intervention in partnership with school personnel, families, and community service providers.
For more information about Check and Connect, please visit this website http://checkandconnect.umn.edu/ ___________________________________________________________
PATHBLAZERS by Compass Learning
Pathblazers is a reading and math intervention within online curriculum that helps discouraged students, hold their attention, and deliver precise instruction to accelerate kids to grade level. It uses strategies such as:
1) Adaptive screeners and diagnostics
2) Scaffolding and non-repetitive reteaching
3) Real time actionable data to inform instructional data.
For more information about Pathblazers, please visit this website https://compasslearning.com/pathblazer/